bg

Monday, May 31, 2010

Thanks to Them All

My husband served in the United States Coast Guard for 20 years.  He retired as a Chief Petty Officer.  I told him  I would never ever move to Alaska.  When he made Chief, that promise was suddenly a non issue.  I would go where he went.  It's the job of the military wife.  We did not end up going, which is fine with me.  I love my husband very much.  And his love for his country and dedication to his service was always inspiring.  I stood behind him for 16 years of his service.  That is what the family does.  He was never deployed.  I only had to be without him a few times here and there.  I was blessed.  Now he teaches Microsoft Certifications .  I have him home every night.  No more over night duties.  No more calls in the wee hours of the night to come in and fill in for someone.  No more worrying about him driving in snow that the authorities say don't drive in it, unless you have to.   
I would like to thank all service members and there families this day!  They pay the ultimate sacrifice for our freedoms.  Remember those who have fallen, and those who are here to fight another day.

 



No comments: